This recipe takes my Tomato and Pepper soup and kicks it up a gear. Not sure if it would have worked at the beginning but it was so yummy.
- 1 pack of cooking bacon (roughly 200-300g)
- 2 cartons of sieved tomatoes
- 2 tins mixed beans
- 3 peppers
- 2 red onions
- 1 stock cube (made up with 500ml water)
- To Taste (I use lots): Basil, Oregano, Marjoram, Garlic, Chilli, Pepper, Paprika
- Cook off the bacon and set aside
- To a couple of tablespoons of olive oil add the peppers and onions.
- Allow to soften and add the veg stock
- Add the garlic, chilli and pepper
- Cook down and add the tomatoes
- Cook for about 20 mins and add the beans
- Add the bacon to the pot
- Add the basil, oregano and marjoram
- Cook until you can’t wait any longer and tuck in.